30 Tips for Small Kitchen Decoration - Home Decor Warrior
Updated: Aug 6, 2020
written by Suvendu Mahato | Decorating & Craft Small kitchens can be as efficient and stylish as regular sizes, provided they are well designed and equipped with clever storage solutions. We contact experts who know these compact cook-spaces best - food-truck businesses, chefs, and interior designers - to grow every inch. Also, we give you a round-up of the best compact and multipurpose devices around, so you can do more with less.
1. THINK THROUGH YOUR WORK FLOW
Luan Ee of Kerbside Gourmet aims to enhance the quality of street food with a menu that includes burgers, pasta and stews - in a 95.8sqf rectangular galley kitchen. In order to use the space efficiently, she arranges the kitchen into two main areas, according to her work procedures. The hot cooking area, which includes the grill top, deep fryer, induction stove and baking oven, is on one side of the truck, and the bottom chiller is on the opposite side. "We grill the patties and fry the potatoes first, and then gather the burgers on the countertop above the chiller, where we keep our slavs and remnants," she explains.
2. CATEGORISE YOUR TOOLS
Reduce walking about the kitchen by classifying tools and ingredients according to usage - chopping boards, spices and spices within easy reach from the knife, stove, and baking tool by the counter.
3. OPT FOR BUILT - INS
Instead of using your limited counter space for appliances such as a bulky oven, opt for a built-in oven – even better if it is multifunctional and includes steaming and grilling functions!
4. REDUCE CLUTTER WITH BOXES
A cluttered kitchen not only makes it difficult to find everything you need, but also looks tight. Luan advises: “Pack the items that you will use at the same time in a designated box, so it will be faster to find them. Separate the items by their size, as you have a hard time opening a small item that has been packed between the larger ones.
5.SEPARATE YOUR WORKLOAD
To work around limited space, cut down on preparation and cooking time. Coffee Bandits, a food-truck business serving coffee and hot food, performs "final assembly" in its 135qf kitchen. "We cook our pasta (almost al dente) and sauces separately and beforehand," says co-founder Cheryl Ong. They are released when the time comes to serve.
6. HAVE A DESIGNATED AREA FOR HEAVILY USED ITEMS
Coffee Bandits dedicates a serving window and a corner near the cashier to its heavy coffee maker. Likewise, you can put used equipment together and where it is most convenient - such as your toaster and coffee machine near your sugars and jams. You'll mess up in only one place, and everything will be easily accessible.
7. MAKE USE OF VERTICAL SPACES
Coffee bandits stack their toaster ovens on the microwave (pictured), while kerbside gourmet keeps its spices and seasonings in a long stainless steel cubehole above the stove (see previous page). Other items that help use vertical space are stackable boxes, cookbook racks, and towel bars.
Make use of vertical surfaces such as the empty wall space above your counter. Use wall-mounted shelves to keep items off the countertop, and corner shelves to maximise odd spaces.
8. UTILISE CORNERS
To keep the countertops clear, Cheryl and her team kept their fixed equipment - such as an ice-shaving machine, microwave and toaster - away from high-traffic areas, such as in the center of food trucks, where most of the food preparation Preparations are made, and towards the corners. It is intended to reduce the use of space between devices and four walls or under unnecessary pockets.
9. Instead of storing bags of lemons in the fridge which take up space, freeze ice trays of lemon juice and pop the frozen cubes into water before serving
10. " Add expandable poles under the sink where you can attach hooks to hang rags, gloves and brushes used for kitchen cleaning. "
11. Invest in an efficient, multipurpose cleaning solution instead of multiple bottles for different uses
12. “Attach magnets onto the refrigerator to support stainless steel containers, where you can store herbs, condiments and cutlery.” Philippe Limes, country manager of Helpling.
13. Do it without a juicer! To easily juice citrus fruits like lemons and oranges, place them in the microwave for 30 seconds; This helps soften the thick peels and opens the fruit juice vessels, allowing you to quickly release most of the juice.
14. Buy prep bowls in various sizes that can be stacked to save storage space
15. “"Use stackable containers to store items in the refrigerator or cabinet to free up standing space.”
16. "Customize a removable chopping board that will fit into one of the top drawers of the lower kitchen cabinet. This way. you can slide the drawer out and place the drawer out and place the chopping board on it for additional work top space, without losing drawer storage.
17. Kitchen shears are useful tools! They doubles as scissors bottle and jarlid openers, as well as nut and shell crackers.
18. Stick Knives into a jar filled with raw spaghetti. It'll hold the knives up the same way bulky knife holders do!
19. Peel potatoes easily by placing boiled potatoes into iced water. After a few minutes, the skin can be peeled without the need for any tools.
20. “Clean as you cook; keeping countertops clean and tidy helps you work better in the kitchen.”
21. Fill awkward corners in kitchen cabinets with lazy susans to make full use of the space. They will help you gain access to items easily, when swivelled.
22. Mount a magazine holder to the back of kitchen cabinet doors, where you can store items such as rolls of baking paper, aluminium foil and cling wrap.
23. MUELLER AUSTRIA MAXIMUM MIXER
This mixer will make baking prep work smoother, swifter, and help you take up less elbow room. It comes with an automatic cable rewind so that storage is quick and neat, as well as funnels and an automated feature that lifts the mixer arm. Bakers will also love the mixer’s long list of accessories, which includes a kneading hook, grater, mincer, and fruit pulper. Checkout the price here.
24. DUXTOP 1800W PORTABLE INDUCTION COOKTOP
Induction cook tops are a popular choice for small kitchens, as their streamlined design ensures the kitchen appears neat and uncluttered. Duxtop 1800w induction hob features two cooking zones, touch-sensitive controls (with a touchpad lock), and an anti-overheating technology. It’s also easier to clean; the heat stays within the cooking zone, so you can wipe the rest of the surface safely. Checkout the price here.
25. MULTIPURPOSE HAND COOKING BLENDER
If you have this multipurpose blender, do not stock up on multiple devices; This cook can mix soup, smoothies and sauces as well. You'll be able to do this with a two-liter, heat-resistant glass jar, four preset cooking programs, and a six-star stainless steel blade to cut and mix effectively - be it vegetables, fruits, or ice.
Checkout the price of Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick 500 Watt 9-Speed Immersion Multi-Purpose Hand Blender Heavy Duty Copper Motor Brushed Stainless Steel Finish With Whisk, Milk Frother Attachments, Silver here.
26. BROAN ALUMINUM POWER PACK RANGE COOKER HOOD
The hood is not the best looking kitchen appliance, so a slim cooker hood that disappears into your upper cabinet - giving you a sleeker kitchen front and more vertical space - is a welcome sight. It features a three extraction speed and energy saving halogen bulb.Checkout the price of amazon's best selling baroan aluminum cooker hood here.
27. TOSHIBA TABLETOP MICRO WAVE
At just 54 cm wide, this compact Electrolux microwave allows you to do more with less. It has three cooking methods: microwave, grill and steam. You can also use it to defrost the meat, allowing you to free up counter space while cooking a meal.
Toshiba EM925A5A-SS Microwave Oven with Sound On/Off ECO Mode and LED Lighting, 0.9 Cu. ft/900W, Stainless Steel.
Stylish Stainless Steel with timeless design
Equipped with power-saving eco mode
sound on/off option
Bright digital display
easy-to-read control panel
LED cavity light and more. Check current price here.
28. EUHOMY MINI FRIDGE WITH FREEZER
If you don’t cook much, opt for a smaller refrigerator. Euhomy Mini Fridge with Freezer, Compact Refrigerator with freezer, 2 Door Mini Fridge with freezer, and features two adjustable shelves and a bottle shelf. Euhomy Mini Fridge have also been awarded Good to Excellent for their energy efficiency rating by the National Environment Agency. Euhomy Mini Fridge with Freezer have also good reviews in amazon.com. checkout the price here.
29. AMAZON BEST SELLING COMPACT DISHWASHER
Hate washing dishes? This free-standing, compact EdgeStar dishwasher Dimensions 32.5" H x 17.6" W x 22.4" D; Depth w/ door open: 42.25"; Cutout dimensions: 32.5" H x 17.75" W x 23" D Weight: 52.9 lbs, and features a space-saving cutlery basket. Other functions include a child lock and a quick, 25-minute wash option. Checkout the price of amazon's best seller dishwasher here.
30. AROMA HOUSEWARES MINI RICE COOKER
This mini rice cooker is perfect for small kitchens – it has a two-litre capacity (approximately four cups of rice), and you can also use it to prepare soups, yogurt and stews. There are five cooking functions with adjustable cooking times. Aroma Housewares Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer comes with a detachable inner lid for easy cleaning. Checkout the price of best selling mini rice cooker on amazon here.
(Read more: 28 Ideas To Set Your Home For Summer)
I think you may helpful with these 30 Small Kitchen Decoration Tips And Ideas. However, if you want to know how to decorate your child room in low budget, you can read Home Decor Ideas For Living Rooms, Child Rooms, Bathrooms And Newly Marriage Bed Rooms. Hope this article will help you very much. Thank you for reading.